How to write a research proposal when you have no idea what is it? A research proposal is another writing assignment a student can be faced with. For your help, helpmynursingpaper.com we have a full guide on how to write a research proposal with a clear example provided to offer you a vivid example. Here is the research proposal definition.
What Is a Research Proposal
If you are asked by your instructor to develop a research proposal, they will also give you a chance to come up with a topic that will eventually lead to a research paper. However, the research proposal has some salient features such as a brief summary of the topic you want to explore, details on the selected methodology that you will adopt, background of the problem, as well as the preliminary literature review. The list can be smaller on bigger depending on your instructor. Once your proposal is approved, it means that your idea is viable and is worth studying, so it is approved. Some proposals can also be revised but that does not mean that your idea is wrong, twitching is necessary to reinforce of ensure that your paper is clear and has a certain focus.
So, What is the purpose of a research proposal?
This paper is a talking card that shows a student has specific and indisputable knowledge on a particular area of interest. In nursing for example, a student may opt to explore the impacts of COVID-19 on nurses caring for the geriatric patients at home. As you can see, the student has narrowed down to nurses and not all care workers and elderly patients not all patients. This narrowing down is what makes your paper or proposal effective and forceful since you have identified a niche instead of setting out to study a broad topic that can be challenging to manage due to the amount of data that may need to be collected.
Starting Writing a Proposal
The first step is to pick a topic and ensure it is within your scope of study. Then gather enough information on this topic by reading peer reviewed articles, report, books, and any other acceptable publications. that you can find. You can opt to hire a research assistance who will help you find sources and generate an annotated bibliography for each source. You can look for professionals in your area of study and seek to know what they have to say about your topic. For example, if you want to study nursing ethics, ask your peers and teachers what the right frame would be.
Some questions to guide you in topic selection
- What am I studying?
- Why is my selected topic relevant?
- Is my topic significant to society and the development of my field of study?
- am I going to offer any solutions using this research inquiry?
- How will I add to the body of knowledge using this topic?
- Is my topic timely and will it be completed in time?
Research Proposal Template
There is no one particular template for a proposal. Your school will always provide you with one. You can also request one on this website helpmynursingpaper.com or myresearchessay.com. They have the most recent and ivy league accepted templates. Below we highlight some of the common sections of a research proposal
Research Paper Title
Context or Background to the Study
Research Proposal Outline
Your research proposal outline should be structured according to the template above. Before embarking on the proposal writing process, make sure that you have your research question narrowed down properly and a solid outline as to how you will structure your proposal.
- Intro. This section gives a general overview of your research topic, key elements to be addressed followed by an arguable thesis statement or purpose statement.
- Abstract. This part gives the general overview of the essay and what is contained in all sections. Therefore, it acts like a minor summary of the research proposal.
- General area of research is also defined at this level
- Area’s importance are also highlighted and introduced.
- The context places the proposal question into perspective and tells readers what is already known about the topic. The writer or research will go on to explain what other sources of information have to say about this topic. This is followed by background information that tells readers the motivation for this research in an objective language.
- Rational and Research Question
- This section covers the main research questions that shall guide the study. Given that these questions determine how the study will develop, the researcher is required to connect the questions to the topic of study and show how they relate or help them to respond to issues raised by this study. The section also looks for the researcher’s argument, claim, hypothesis, and study objectives. Finally, the researcher can also give the alternative voice if it is required.
- This section shows how the researcher collected data, the methods used, their level of participation, the relationship between the research method adopted and the research being conducted, and the expected results upon completion.
- Significance and Conclusion
- Here, the researcher will show how the data/information gathered confirm/disconfirm the stated hypothesis. It also explains to readers the importance of the study and why it was conducted, as well as its social impact.
- Bibliography. The researcher is expected to come up with a list of 6-10 sources that must be authentic, peer reviewed. and academic.
Don’t look far for academic help. We have you covered
Money back guarantee
Our goal is to give the best services to our clients. However, if for one reason or the other a client is not satisfied, we will refund your money. So the funds paid to us are safe.
We value our clients’ privacy. No single information of our clients can be shared by third parties.
Our service is legit
Our services follow the laid down academic guidelines. We cannot blackmail our clients, but only strive to offer them the best academic assistance they need.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
Our writers work hand in hand with the quality assurance department to ensure whatever paper you get is totally plagiarism-free.
We can help with urgent tasks
We have standby writers who can handle papers even within 6 hours. Just get in touch and let us know.
Pay a fair price
We have competitive prices that are pocket friendly. In addition, we have plenty of discounts to offer.